We stumbled across these tips written by a policewoman that could save your life. Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this article on 10 tips for women in an emergency situation.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and / or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO THEM. Toss it away from you, chances are they are more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you and will go for the wallet/purse. Run like mad in the other direction.
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.
4. Don’t sit in your car replying to messages or spending any time on your phone. Thieves could be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for them to get in on the
5. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, do NOT drive off, rather gun the engine and speed into something. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
6. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
BE AWARE and look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor and in the back seat. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door.
Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your
7. Rather take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at night.
8. If a predator has a gun and you are not under his control, always run! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely will not be a vital organ. Run in a zig-zag pattern.
9. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get you raped or killed.
10. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe. DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbours!
Source: Facebook – Author unknown