The flowers are in full bloom along the West Coast offering a kaleidoscope of beautiful colour on the landscape. Time to hop in the car and take a drive to see this spectacular show before it’s too late.
Take a drive up the West Coast to Yzerfontein where the flowers bloom the latest of all the regions and can be seen when all the other flowers have finished blooming.
No matter where you drive within the West Coast region, you are sure to find many fields in bloom. You can also visit one of the various Wildflower Shows in the region.
Clanwilliam Wildflower Show
23 Aug till 01 Sep 2019
Tel: 027 482 2024 / email@example.com
Hopefield fynbos Skou
29 Aug till 01 Sep 2019
Cell: 078 469 7986 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Namaqua Flower Festival
06 Sep till 08 Sep 2019
Cell: 0824098212 / email@example.com
Darling Wildflower Show
20 Sep till 22 Sep 2019
Cell: 084 916 1111 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips while viewing flowers
• The flowers are open between 11:00 and 15:00, the warmest part of the day
• The sun must be out for flowers to open, thus rainy or overcast days are not ideal
• The day temperature must be at least 18 degrees
• Flowers face the sun, thus for viewing and pictures keep your back to the sun
• Get out of the car and walk around, don’t miss the special smaller species
• Tread lightly, don’t unnecessarily trample plants, and never pick flowers or bulbs