The City has been opening its revenue and motor vehicle licencing offices in a phased manner to ensure COVID-19 regulations are met.
Offices are operating with a reduced number of staff in accordance with COVID-19 regulations.
To avoid queues and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the City has advised rather visit at a later stage if possible or register for e-Services and do vehicle renewals or account payments online. Please be patient as there are high volumes of online renewals taking place.
For motor vehicle licence renewals, there is a 90-day grace period that applies to customers who had to renew their licences between 23 March and 31 May. They have until 29 August 2020 to do so.
The 90-day grace period applies for:
- Expired driving licence cards
- Learner’s licences
- Professional driving permits (PrDPs)
- Roadworthy certificates
- Temporary driving licences
- Vehicle registration and licence renewal discs
In addition, the validity period for the renewal of a motor trade number licence is extended for a further six months from 1 June 2020.
• Motorists who applied for a vehicle licence renewal via e-Services before 26 March 2020 (prior to the national lockdown) do not need to reapply. Please be patient while your Motor Vehicle Registration Licence is delivered to you as the South African Post Office is working through its backlog.
• All vehicle owners who have applied online for the renewal of vehicle licences from 26 March 2020 (during the national lockdown) will need to re-apply online as all these applications have either expired or could not be processed due to the COVID-19 lockdown.
Use online services where you can.
For account payments:
- Online: www.Easypay.co.za or www.payCity.co.za
- EFTs: Select the City as a bank-listed beneficiary. Use only your nine-digit municipal account number as reference
- Retailers: Checkers, Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Spar and Woolworths
- e-Services: Use the City’s online e-services portal
- ATM: contact your bank to add the City as an ATM beneficiary
Register on e-Services
- renew vehicle licences
- submit water/electricity readings
- pay accounts online
- view current account and account history
- apply to receive accounts via email
- log service requests
To register for e-Services visit: online e-services portal