Shelanti’s vision is to provide learners with the opportunity to acquire the appropriate life skills so that they may become assertive, responsible and accountable members of society.
At Shelanti we strive to create an atmosphere of acceptance, mutual respect, creativity and dignity for all.
We are a school with an inclusive learning environment. Our aim is to provide an individual approach to all our students by focusing on their unique talents, aptitude and learning styles. We focus on the process of learning and celebrate each achievement, ensuring academic excellence. Shelanti follows and excels in the National curriculum (CAPS).
Upon enrolment, each learner’s brain preference is identified, using the tools formulated by the Neethling Brain Institute. These learning and student profiles are then considered in the teachers’ lesson
Fostering creativity is at the core of the learning process. The ability to think creatively is crucial to preparing our learners to succeed in any learning and working environment. We also focus on developing a resourceful home environment by equipping the parents with educational material.
Shelanti recognises that each learner is an individual with a unique emotional profile. Without emotional nurturing, no learning can take place. We, therefore, profile each learner’s temperament, allowing more insight into each learner’s emotional behaviour. If needed, an intervention plan is then designed to suit the learner’s emotional needs
The following programme of support is implemented at Shelanti. It comprises structured means of intervention, delivered within specific time frames:
• The use of devices and technology by our learners supports the curriculum differentiation. This is a key strategy for responding to the needs of learners with diverse learning styles and/or needs.
• Goal setting for each learner allows us to continually assess the progress and successes of each learner.
• Concessions, i.e. scribes, readers, extra time, spelling concessions, are granted.
• Creating an Individual Support Plan(ISP) for each learner which highlights barriers and interventions. This ISP is revised each term and discussed with the parent.
• Ensuring smooth transition into the high school of their choice.
• Continual training and mentoring of staff is another way that Shelanti keeps up with new developments and strategies in education and remains relevant.
SHELANTI PRIVATE SCHOOL