The Friends of BCA and its partners bring you an important and exciting event to commemorate the Battle of Blaauwberg of 1806. The Festival, held on Saturday 6 Jan 2018, will include many activities to participate in:
• A guided Battle of Blaauwberg walk that follows the historic route the British took as they marched forward to face the local troops under Dutch command that defended the Cape on the morning of 8 January 1806.
• Exhibits of Battle artefacts and speakers on topics relating to the Battle of Blaauwberg. A eulogy will be held at 12h00 to commemorate those who participated in the Battle
• Fun Walks – a 5 km walk for the whole family, and a more strenuous 10 km walk for the fitter ones
• A 10 km Trail Run, with some challenging spots at places
• Canon Firing to start Runners and at Mid-Day
• Cape Town Highland Pipers and Drummer (Dukes) as well as 15 person Orchestra\Band
• Fun events for children – farm animals, a jumping castle, tractor rides etc
• Gifts to all finishers of the events, a Lucky draw, and Prizes to the first 3 males and females of the Trail Run
• Refreshment stations, etc
The centre of the festivities will be at the historic Blaauwberg Farm (-33.735040, 18.483582), with its entrance on the M19 between Melkbosstrand and the N7. From there the fun walks, trail and guided walk will enter the Blaauwberg Nature Reserve.
• Guided Battle Field walk – R50 pp – starting at 07h30 (contact person Dave honour 082 906 4875)
• 5&10km Fun walks – R30 pp and children free – starting at 07h45 (contact person Stephanie Muller 083 679 4642)
• 10 km Trail Run – R50 pp – starting at 07h30 (contact person Gary Brits 082 855 9014).
Car Entry fee to Farm: R50 per car.
Your Entry Fee is payable when you collect your wrist band at the relevant Registration desks on 6 Jan.
Pre-entry to the events is advisable, so please enter here https://goo.gl/forms/
More details about the event are also available on www.bca.org.za.
All funds will go towards the Friends of BCA activities, in support of the protection and utilisation of the Blaauwberg Nature Reserve for the benefit of the general public now and in future.
Important: You will be required to sign an Indemnity Form on entry to the Farm.
YouTube link to an overview of the last event: https://www.youtube.com/